Prerequisite: Certified Fiber Optic Installer Designation
$789.00 plus applicable taxes
See the Calendar for Course Dates
This program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skill of the Fiber Optic Technician and Data Communications Installer to enable the person to achieve Certification as a Certified Fiber To The X Installer and to install, test and troubleshoot FTTX ststems.
Duration: Two days (16 hrs.)
Prerequisite Skills: Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT)
Methodology: Lecture, PP, Demos, Hands-on
To explain and /or demonstrate the following:
- Design issues
- Passive and Active Optical Networks
- Tapered Couplers, WICs, WDMs, Nodes
- Power Ratios
- Loss Budget
- Standards involved
- Install requirements and methods
- Network Connectors (APC)
- Testing issues
- Temperature issues
- Test Equipment
- Static Forces, Protection and Detection
- Grounding, Purpose, Methods, Effects
- Safety issues
Measurable Terminal Objectives
- Students will DEMONSTRATE their knowledge of the covered subjects through written tests with a passing standard of 70%.
- Students receive a Certified Fiber To The X Installer Certificate and a registration number with the Fiber Optic Association.
To register for this course, click on the button below to submit payment via PayPal. After payment you will be redirected to the course registration page. Please note: Course tuition is due at the time of scheduling. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your seat. A $200 cancellation fee may apply for short notice. No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.