CFOS/Design-Certified Fiber Optic Specialist Design
3 Day Course Outline
CFOT, CPCT or equivalent basic knowledge of fiber optics and communications networks.
This is a specialist application certification covering fiber optic network design intended for network owners, IT personnel, facilities managers, network designers, estimators or technicians involved in the design or installation of fiber networks. This course is especially recommended for network owners and planners who may not be familiar with the process of fiber optic network design as it can make their jobs easier and their projects better.
What to Expect in Training Program for Design Specialist Certification:
- Introduction to fiber optic design
- Overview of Fiber Optic Installations both outside plant
- and premises
- Planning A Fiber Optic Network
- Choosing components
- Design Review (Component compatibilities, Power budget,
- Environmental requirements etc.)
- Testing and documentation
- Writing A Project Specification and other documentation
- Lab Exercises including case studies covering designing
- several networks, at least one premises and one outside plant.
On completion, students receive the Design Certification from the FOA.
To register for this course, click on the button below to submit payment via PayPal. After payment you will be redirected to the course registration page. Please note: Course tuition is due at the time of scheduling. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your seat. A $200 cancellation fee may apply for short notice. • No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of firstname.lastname@example.org.