A specialist add-on course to the CFOT (Certified Fiber Optic Technician).
The designation will be CFOS/O
2 Day Course
$789.00 plus applicable taxes
See the Calendar for Course Dates
This two day program will introduce the student to standards governing the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of OSP fiber optics cable systems.
Duration: Two Days (16 hours)
Prerequisite: Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT)
Our students learn various types of cable and enclosures for OSP applications.
Students learn how to troubleshoot and test using plans as well as the OTDR, VFL and loss test set.
Our course is more than 70% hands on because we learn best by doing.
The course concludes with a written and practical examination.
- 8:15: Introduction: OSP Plant Cabling
- 9:30: OSP Cable Preparation and Cleaning – * Hands on
- 10:15: Closures: Applications, Types and Hardware
- 10:45: Fiber Optics Safety
- 11:00: Installation of Fan Out Kits (Furcation Tubing) – *Hands on
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch Break
- 1:00: Splicing: Mechanical and Fusion – * Hands – on
- 2:30: Mid-Span Access – * Hands on
- 8:15: Lecture Review Session
- 9:00: OTDR, OLTS, VFL Procedures * Hands – on
- 10:30: OSP Fiber Plant Documentation, Testing, Troubleshooting and Repair procedures.
- 12:00: Lunch
- 1:00: OSP Cabling Project Completion *(Hands On Exam)
- 2:00: Written Exam
- 3:15: Class Discussion – Evaluation
- 3:45 Certificates
On completion, students receive the Outside Plant Certification from the FOA.
To register for this course, click on the button below to submit payment via PayPal. After payment you will be redirected to the course registration page. Please note: Course tuition is due at the time of scheduling. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your seat. A $200 cancellation fee may apply for short notice. No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.