Prerequisite: Certified Fiber Optic Installer Designation
$789.00 plus applicable taxes
See the Calendar for Course Dates
This is a specialist certification covering fiber optic splicing procedures intended for technicians involved in the installation of OSP fiber networks.
Duration: Two Day
Prerequisite Skills: CFOT (Certified Fiber Optic Technician)
What to Expect in Training Programs for Splicing Specialist Certifications.
FOA-Approved training for Certified Fiber Optic Specialist/Splicing certifications meets the following requirements:
- Classroom sessions in all types of splicing, including fusion and mechanical splicing
- Hands-on training in appropriate splicing types including placement of the splice into a splice tray and closure
- Interpretation of splice loss on OTDR traces
- Instructor verification of achievement of advanced skills in splicing
- Course includes 60% lab time
Measurable Terminal Objectives
Students will DEMONSTRATE their knowledge of the covered subjects through written tests with a passing standard of 70%. Students will receive a Splicing Certification from the FOA.
To register for this course, click on the button below to submit payment via PayPal. After payment you will be redirected to the course registration page. Please note: Course tuition is due at the time of scheduling. Please allow a minimum of 72 hours notice to cancel or reschedule your seat. A $200 cancellation fee may apply for short notice. • No shows and cancellations not made within the specified cancellation period will incur the full cost of registration.